How to Linking your mobile number to Aadhaar Card:
This needs to be done offline. Most online transactions are OTP (one-time-password) authenticated i.e. the OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. Online authentication is not possible as you are linking your number for the first time. To do this offline you need to follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar center to get the Aadhar Update/Correction Form or download it from the UIDAI website.
- Click here to download the form Fill out the form correctly
- submit it to the concerned person at the center and mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
- While submitting the update form, along with a photocopy of your Aadhaar card you also need to provide a photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card, etc.,.
Update the Mobile Number Using the Following Steps:
- Navigate to the UIDAI website.
- You will find an option under the Aadhaar Update tab that will redirect the user to the Aadhar Self-Service portal.
- Enter your Aadhar number and the Captcha text and request for OTP.
- The OPT will be sent to your existing mobile number, and after submitting it you’ll be redirected to a new page, where you can update the desired details.
- Under ‘Select field(s) to update’, select ‘Mobile Number’ Now enter your new mobile number that you want to record in the database and submit.
Connect Your Mobile Number To Aadhaar:
- Subscribers have to carry any documents or details other than their phone number and Aadhaar number to their subscriber’s store.
- You will be required to complete biometric verification.
- Biometric verification is a process through which, a person can be uniquely identified on the basis of fingerprints and details are fetched as per the information in Aadhaar database.
- You will also receive a verification code (OTP) on your mobile after you initiate the verification process.
- To complete the linking, please provide the verification code to the store executive.