The CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is inviting online applications from students who have passed Class 10 examination 2016 from CBSE-affiliated schools for its scholarship schemes: the CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child for 10+ 2 Studies 2016 and the renewal of online applications for last year’s scheme.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2016-17 Apply Online Now @ www.cbse.nic.in | CBSE Scholarship Application :
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be accepting online applications till 15 December 2016 for its CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child. However, the offline applications can be submitted by students on or before December 31, 2016. The students who have passed Class 10 examination 2016 from CBSE-affiliated schools can apply for this scholarship scheme and for the renewal for last year’s scheme, provided fulfilling other required eligibility conditions.
The CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child aims to provide scholarships to meritorious single girl students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class 10 examination with 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/ grades and are enrolled in Class 11. The rate of Scholarship will be Rs 500 per month. A scholarship awarded under the scheme will be paid for a maximum period of two years.
In order to apply for CBSE Merit Scholarship scheme for single girl child of class 10 passed in 2016 and renewal, the candidates can check the following steps:
- Go to the official website of cbse.nic.in
- Click on the link, ‘CBSE Merit Scholarship scheme for single girl child of class 10 passed in 2016 and renewal’
- Thereafter, click on to, ‘Apply online’
- Enter roll number and certificate number
- After submitting the same, the application procedure will be completed.
Also, the application form should be attested by the school principal from where the student is pursuing class 11.
The Duration of scholarship and its renewal of CBSE Single Girl Child:
- The candidates can renew their scholarship for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class 11.
- The renewal/continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before it completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the board
- The candidate must have a regularity in attendance
- The rate of scholarship shall be Rs 500 per month and it shall be paid for a maximum period of two years
- The payment will be done through demand draft/ECS.
NOTE: If you will cancel the scholarship, it shall not be renewed under any condition.