Airtel WiFi Calling: Airtel rolled out Voice over Wi-Fi services officially starting from Delhi NCR and called it Wi-Fi Calling. Today the Airtel company has announced that it has started testing it in Hyderabad, Chennai & Bangalore starting today. Even though the company said that it will work only through the Airtel Broadband network, it worked for use on iPhone, OnePlus devices and K20 Pro even when it was connected to other networks. It is displayed as Airtel WiFi on iPhone, VoWiFi on OnePlus and there is a WiFi symbol with a phone receiver on the top.
This lets Airtel users make VoWi-Fi calls incompatible handsets offering improved indoor coverage, faster connectivity and says it will offer crystal clear conversations as if you are next to each other. Latch on to your Airtel Wi-Fi network and place a call from your Vo-Wifi enabled handset. This automatically boosts the signal quality across your home, said the company. (Airtel Unlimited Calling)
- iPhone XR, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro
- OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro
POCO F1, Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy M20, Samsung Galaxy J6, Samsung Galaxy On 6, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Samsung Galaxy A10s
- You need any one of the Wi-Fi Calling Capable Handset and Airtel 4G
- In Apple go to Settings > Mobile Data > Wifi Calling
- In Samsung, from the drop-down Quick settings menu enable WiFi Calling
- In Xiaomi phones go to Settings > SIM Cards & mobile networks > Airtel > Make Calls using Wi-Fi
- In OnePlus go to Settings > Mobile Network > SIM1/2 > Wifi Calling
After enabling, restart the phone and check for the VoWi-Fi symbol in the status bar.
Airtel said that there will be no extra charge for calls made over ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ and it consumes minimal data