YouTube launched its YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium plans for India back in March starting at Rs. 99 per month. Today YouTube Premium Introducing Student Plans in India, making to up to Rs. 50 cheaper. As part of the new plan, all eligible to the college students will get discounted access to a world of music, A global originals and movies — all ad-free at Rs. 59 for the YouTube Music Premium and Rs. 79 for YouTube Premium, starting today.
YouTube Premium includes membership to YouTube Music Premium, offers an ad-free experience with background play and offline downloads for videos on YouTube, as well as access to all the YouTube Originals. The YouTube Music has already crossed 15 million downloads in India, said the company. YouTube Premium Introducing The ‘Student Plans’ are currently available to full-time students from accredited colleges or the universities in India.
To sign up for YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium student plans:
- Visit the Student Plan landing page for YouTube Premium (or) YouTube Music Premium.
Select Get Student Plan
- Type in your college/university on the SheerID form. If your college/university appears, then student plans are available.
- If you are not immediately verified, you will be asked to upload the additional documentation to verify your eligibility.
- These documents will be manually reviewed and you will receive an email notifying you of your eligibility status within 48 hours.
- If your eligibility is confirmed through the additional verification step, you’ll need to log back into your account. Navigate to your profile by tapping on your profile picture, select
- Paid memberships, and then you’ll see a notification prompting you to finish signup using the steps below.
- Select the payment method wish to use or add the new payment method.
Click Buy to complete a transaction.
Also, if you have an existing YouTube Music or YouTube Premium subscription, you will have to cancel it in order to get the benefits of the YouTube Music Premium Student Plans that are now available to eligible users in India.