Finally, WhatsApp Web gets Dark Mode feature until now was available only on the mobile app. With the introduction of this new feature, users will no more have to make use of tricks where they have to change variables inside of the inspect element window to get it. In addition to the dark theme, WhatsApp also added some new features to WhatsApp including Animated Stickers, QR codes, and more.
In addition to this, the company also expanded the dark mode, which until now was available only on the company’s iOS and Android-based apps to WhatsApp Web. If you are tired of using old and simple light mode on WhatsApp Web, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can enable dark mode on the platform:
WhatsApp Web gets Dark Mode
How to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web:
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp Web on your web browser.
- Step 2: Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and go to the Settings menu.
- Step 3: Now tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- Step 4: Now scan the QR code to access WhatsApp on your web browser.
- Step 5: On your PC, click on the three dots on the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 6: Click on the Settings option.
- Step 7: Now click on the Theme button.
- Step 8: In the pop-up window select Dark and tap on OK.
How to Enable Dark Mode theme on Android:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Open the ‘Chats’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Theme’ option.
- Enable Dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode theme on iOS:
- Open the Settings panel.
- Tap on the ‘Display & Brightness’ option.
- Tap on the Dark option to enable system-wide dark mode.