WhatsApp Adds Shopping button which will make it easier for customers to discover a business’ catalog. This button will let them see which goods or services are being offered by a particular business. WhatsApp says that the new button will make it easier for businesses to have their products discovered and this can in turn help increase sales.
According to WhatsApp, more than 175 million people message a WhatsApp Business account every day and more than 40 million people view a business’ catalog each month, which includes more than 3 million in India. In India, WhatsApp has over 400 million users, and the company just rolled out the WhatsApp Payments featured powered by Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
We’re making shopping on WhatsApp even easier. Now you can easily discover something you’d like to buy from your favorite business by tapping on the new shopping button at the top of chats. pic.twitter.com/lHn0M1NhM5
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) November 10, 2020
With the new WhatsApp Shopping button feature, users will now see a shopping button next to the business account’s profile. The button looks like a storefront icon. This marks a change from the earlier setting, where a user had to tap into the business’ profile to see the catalog. Tapping on the shopping button will open up the catalog and users will be able to browse through the items.
How to use the shopping button on WhatsApp Business
- Go to any business account on WhatsApp. This could be a business account with which you are chatting regularly say a local bakery or a local seller.
- If the seller has uploaded a catalog to their business account, users will see the store shop symbol right next to the account name.
- Tap on the symbol and the catalog will open, which will show products that are available by the business.
- You can browse the catalog and see pictures of each product.
- If you like a product, just tap on the Message Business button below each picture and you can raise query about that particular product.
- The storefront symbol will only show if the business has a live catalog added to their WhatsApp business account.
WhatsApp says this new shopping button is available now across the world and will replace the voice call button on business accounts.