Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has announced that Telangana schools and colleges Reopen in the state from February 1, 2021, onwards. The Telangana schools reopen for classes 9 & 10th classes and inter and degree classes in colleges would also resume on the same day. The Telangana Chief Minister KCR has directed the officials to make necessary arrangements for conducting classes.
The decision to Telangana schools and colleges Reopen was taken in a high-level meeting with the Ministers and the District Collectors at Pragathi Bhavan on Monday a week after Telangana Parents Association members met the Education Minister of the state Sabitha Indra Reddy to discuss schools reopening.
Telangana Schools and Colleges Reopening: SOPs to be followed
- The state will impose all the SOPs released by the center for schools reopening. The SOPs to be followed are given below.
- Before reopening of schools and colleges, all the classrooms, teaching and demonstration work areas, etc., including laboratories, shall be sanitized with 1% sodium hypochlorite solution, with special attention to the regularly touched surfaces.
- Students, teachers, and non-teaching staff will have to wear facemasks and will have to keep washing their hands at regular intervals.
- The body temperature of all will be checked through thermal scanning. Students with symptoms of cold, cough will have to leave the school immediately, whenever detected.
- A minimum of 6 feet distance has to be maintained in classes and in school premises.
- Hand sanitizers will be installed at the entrance of the schools.
- The use of hand sanitizers should be done wherever feasible.
Earlier, the Telangana government had decided to reopen the intermediate colleges and run the classes for a period of 120 days, but the plan did not work out. Now, the classes in colleges would resume full-fledged. However, the schools for classes 1 to 5 would remain closed for this academic year in the state and all the students will be promoted to the next class.