Jio Phone Booking online: Reliance Jio unveiled its JioPhone at the 40th AGM last month, and the company said that pre-booking for the phone will start on August 24th. As promised today the company has announced that the phone will be available for pre-booking through MyJio app and jio.com online as well as Jio retailers and multi-brand device retailers including the Reliance Digital stores network offline at 5:30 PM tomorrow.
The company already said that it will collect one-time, refundable security deposit of Rs 1,500 to avoid potential misuse. Today the company has announced that it will collect Rs. 500 as pre-booking fee, which will be adjusted against the fully refundable, one-time, security deposit at the time of delivery. The balance Rs. 1000 towards security deposit needs to be paid at the time of delivery of the device.
It already said that JioPhone user can use the Jio Phone for 36 months, and can get a full refund of the security deposit of Rs. 1,500 by returning the used Jio Phone.
How to pre-book Jio Phone:
- Open MyJio App goes to jio.com. You will be shown the Pre Booking Screen
- Click on Pre Book Now button
- Enter your mobile number and enter the PIN CODE of the place you want the phone to be delivered
- Click Proceed
- You will be shown multiple payment options. Select the payment medium of your choice to pay refundable pre-booking amount of Rs. 500
- On successful payment, you will be shown confirmation screen along with confirmation message of successful booking of phone
- Reliance Jio confirmed again that the JioPhone will be distributed on a first come first serve basis to only those who pre-book starting 24th August 2017. There will obviously be a high demand so you will have to hurry to get one. The company at the launch said that it expects to roll out 5 million or 50 lakh JioPhones a week.
Reliance Jio Phone Specifications:
Reliance Jio JioPhone gets an Alphanumeric keypad and a 2.4-inch QVGA display. Reliance JioPhone runs KaiOS. Users can give voice commands in 22 Indian languages to carry out tasks on this phone. JioPhone has a headphone jack, microphone, speaker, and FM Radio feature. There’s a 2MP camera on the back, along with a VGA front shooter. JioPhone will come with 4GB internal memory, 512MB RAM and support for an SD card to expand storage.Reliance JioPhone supports an SOS option, that can be activated by long pressing the number five on the keypad.
There is nothing official from Jio yet as far as the delivery of the JioPhone is concerned. The company, at the launch, had said that the delivery would happen during the first week of September. The company had said that the phone would be available on the first-come-first-serve basis.
In fact, one of the retailers had also confirmed to India Today Tech that those who have registered interest for JioPhone on August 24 would be the first batch of customers to receive the JioPhone. This also means that the phone would be initially released in limited number and later people may have to queue at the Jio stores, similar to what we saw during the Jio SIM sale to get the phone.
[Update: Reliance Jio has changed the pre-booking time from 5 PM to 5:30 PM. The post has been updated accordingly.]