The Reliance Jio GigaFiber which was announced in August last year has been in the testing phase since then. The Reliance Jio FTTH service was earlier said to launch in March but has been reportedly delayed owing to last mile connectivity issues. However, Reliance company executives are presently conducting area surveys and providing free connections as part of a Reliance Jio Gigafiber Preview offer. Here’s everything to know about it.
Here the Details of Reliance Jio Gigafiber offer
- Reliance Jio is offering a Preview Offer wherein eligible users can experience the GigaFiber service for free.
- Under this offer, subscribers will get 100GB of monthly data at speeds of up to 100Mbps.
- Further, if you consume the monthly limit, you can get a free top-up of 40GB via MyJio App or Jio.com.
- Notably, the Preview Offer comes with a validity of only 90 days.
You will also get free installation under Reliance Jio Gigafiber Preview Offer
- Free installation
- As this is a preview offer, Jio is not charging any installation fee for a new GigaFiber connection.
- However, the company will charge a refundable security deposit of Rs. 4,500 for the ONT device (GigaHub Home Gateway).
- As listed on Jio.com, you can make this payment through a debit/credit card, Jio Money or Paytm.
Meanwhile, you can sign up for a free trial
- You should register for the service considering that Jio will prioritize the roll-out of GigaFiber depending on the number of requests it gets from a particular location.
- Recently, Gadgets360 reported that company executives have started the process of surveying areas.
- Hence, you may approach the company for a new GigaFiber connection which, if eligible, will be made available for free under the Preview Offer.
And, we know GigaFiber will launch in 1,100 cities
- Roll out
- Reliance Jio had previously confirmed that Jio GigaFiber will be launched in 1,100 odd cities.
- In the first phase, the roll-out is expected to happen in 29 tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
- These cities include Agra, Bengaluru, Chennai, Chandigarh, Ranchi, Patna, Allahabad, Raipur, Nagpur, Ghaziabad, Pune, Indore, Thane, Bhopal, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Nashik, and Guwahati among others.