PM Narendra Modi Addressing Nation said timely decisions and measures have played a great role in tackling coronavirus. “In comparison to other countries, India is still in a very stable situation, in the battle against COVID-19,” said PM Modi. He also said that a key government scheme to distribute free food grains to 80 crore people, India’s poorest, would be extended to November to give relief during the festival season as the country fights coronavirus. (PM Narendra Modi to Address Nation)
PM Narendra Modi Addressing Nation Highlights:
- We are entering Unlock-2 while battling the Coronavirus. We are also now entering a season, where there will be lots of rain and hence we will be more prone to diseases. So, it is my appeal to you all to take the necessary precautions.
- In comparison to other countries, India is still in a very stable situation, in the battle against COVID-19. Our death rate is under control. Timely decisions and measures have played a great role.
- People who are not following rules need to be stopped and made aware of the problems. Nobody is above rules in India, even if it’s the leader of the nation.
- We notice that there has been negligence by people in their social and personal behavior. Like the way we used to meticulously wash hands, used sanitizers, wore masks, maintained social distancing, and avoided shaking hands… we see that that is not happening as strictly anymore. That is a sign of worry. This is a serious matter, and we must ensure that we maintain the discipline.
- In the last few months, farmers have got a total of Rs 18,000 crore directly in their bank accounts, for migrants too, the PM Gareeb Kalyan Rozgar Yojana has been launched.
- About 80 crore people have also got 5 kg ration for free and 1 kg of dal (cereal) per month free of cost. The government is working round the clock to ensure that people get the support they need in this time of crisis.
- Keeping in mind all the festivals that are coming up in the next few months, this scheme to provide 80 crore people with 5 kg free ration and 1 kg dal (cereal) per month will now be extended till Diwali and Chhatt Puja — till the end of November.
- We are now bringing One Nation One Ration Card. This will greatly benefit migrant workers and their families.