Ola App Offline Booking: Ola app updated its latest feature works fully offline – we have tested the ola app with data off and the process worked very smoothly. You’ll have to send a couple of SMSes to carry this out, which you will be charged for, but if you’re stuck somewhere with poor connectivity, that won’t really be a deterrent for most people.
|Ola app Offline Booking via SMS|
Ola App Updated Offline Booking Feature via SMS
However, this new Ola app feature completely works based on the registered mobile number, so it uses that information for your billing. There are no other additional charges, and you can pay by cash if you prefer, though if you have Ola Money, that will be deducted. Once you get back to a network, the app resumes normal operation.
How ‘Ola App Offline’ Works:
- While attempting to book a cab on the Ola app in the absence of an Internet connection, users will now get two options: Retry or Book via SMS
- Customers can choose to Retry if they’ve come to a place with better Internet connectivity, or go with the second option
- On selecting the latter, users will get redirected to their default messaging app where they will see a pre-entered text message requesting Ola to book a cab
- On sending the text message, users will get an SMS with the particulars of the nearest available cabs across categories
- Once they select their preferred cab category, they will receive driver and cab details instantly by SMS
- The driver, on the other hand, will also receive customer contact details and the GPS triangulated location of the user.
Once’s the internet connectivity resumes, the features like ride details, GPS tracking, SOS button will be available for the user on the Ola app.The Ola app offline booking concentrates on the customer’s experiences but it may even also loose the ola users if they are experiencing very bad or irregular network coverage in the cities of India.