In today’s fast-paced world, digital payments have become an integral part of our lives. Xiaomi has officially launched its Mi Pay App in India and will be available to all MIUI users. Mi Pay offers a convenient and secure way to make payments, whether you’re shopping online, paying bills, or transferring money to friends and family. With its innovative features and widespread acceptance, Mi Pay Serving as a one-stop solution for consumers’ payment needs, Mi-Pay is primarily a UPI-based application, deeply integrated within Xiaomi’s MIUI interface across SMS, Contacts, Scanner, App Vault, and Settings.
What is Mi Pay?
Mi Pay is a digital payment platform developed by Xiaomi, a renowned technology company. It allows users to make payments using their smartphones, eliminating the need for cash or physical cards. Mi Pay leverages the power of technology to provide a seamless and secure payment experience.
Mi Pay App Features and Benefits:
- Link or unlink your bank accounts to Mi Pay to facilitate transactions using the UPI PIN and the virtual payment address (VPA)
- Transfer money to other UPI users, request and collect money from other UPI users and pay for goods or services that accept UPI payments, using your bank account
- Modify or reset the UPI PIN for your bank account
- Check the balance of your bank account
- Pay by scanning QR codes, including Bharat QR codes
Generate personal static/dynamic QR codes for receiving payment from other UPI users
- Manage your bank account
- Recharge and make bill payments on 120+ billers
- Shop with Mi Pay on mi.com/in
How to Setting Up Mi Pay:
To start using Mi Pay, you need to create an account. Follow these steps to set up your Mi Pay account:
- Download the Mi Pay app from the Google Play Store or Mi App Store.
- Launch the app and sign in using your Mi account credentials. If you don’t have a Mi account, you can create one within the app.
- Once logged in, you can proceed to set up additional security measures, such as enabling two-factor authentication.
Linking Bank Accounts to MI Pay:
To make payments through Mi Pay, you need to link your bank accounts. Here’s how you can link your bank accounts:
- Open the Mi Pay app and navigate to the “Bank Accounts” section.
- Select the option to add a new bank account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to provide the necessary details and verify your account ownership.
- Once your bank account is successfully linked, you can easily transfer funds and make payments.
Making Payments Using QR Code on Mi Pay:
One of the convenient features of Mi Pay is the ability to make payments using QR codes. Follow these steps to make a payment using a QR code:
- Open the Mi Pay app and tap on the QR code scanning option.
- Scan the QR code displayed at the merchant’s payment counter or on the website.
- Enter the payment amount and confirm the transaction.
- The payment will be processed, and you will receive a confirmation notification.
Jain said that 95% of Xiaomi’s Smartphones are made in India with 65% of a phone’s value sourced locally. He said that the company is working towards bridging the 5% gap in local manufacturing and will soon produce 99% of the phones it sells in India within the country’s borders. He added that Xiaomi now makes TVs, Power Banks, Smartphones, Batteries, Chargers, and USB Cables in India, and aims to expand to other product categories as well.