Xiaomi has officially launched its Mi Pay App in India and will be available to all MIUI users. Serving as a one-stop solution for consumers’ payment needs, Mi-Pay is primarily a UPI-based application, deeply integrated within Xiaomi’s MIUI interface across SMS, Contacts, Scanner, App Vault, and Settings. ICICI Bank is the payment service provider for Mi Pay. Consumers can effectively make payments using UPI and other debit cards, credit cards and internet banking across 120+ banks and over 120 billers, the Xiaomi company said in a statement.
Highlights of Mi Pay App
- Link or unlink your bank accounts to Mi Pay to facilitate transactions using the UPI PIN and the virtual payment address (VPA)
- Transfer money to other UPI users, request and collect money from other UPI users and pay for goods or services that accept UPI payments, using your bank account
- Modify or reset the UPI PIN for your bank account
- Check the balance of your bank account
- Pay by scanning QR codes, including Bharat QR codes
Generate personal static/dynamic QR code for receiving payment from other UPI users
- Manage your bank account
- Recharge and make bill payments on 120+ billers
- Shop with Mi Pay on mi.com/in
Jain said that 95% of Xiaomi’s Smartphones are made in India with 65% of a phone’s value sourced locally. He said that the company is working towards bridging the 5% gap in local manufacturing and will soon produce 99% of the phones it sells in India within the country’s borders. He added that Xiaomi now makes TVs, Power Banks, Smartphones, Batteries, Chargers, and USB Cables in India, and aims to expand to other product categories as well.