Xiaomi has launched Mi Eco Active T-Shirt Made with 100% Recyclable Plastic in India for Rs 999. Xiaomi claims that the product is skin-friendly, and it is designed for a smooth and comfortable fitness session. The Mi Eco-Active T-shirt is Made In India with the yarn of discarded PET bottles. The yarn consumes just 10 liters of water for recycling every kilogram of plastic yarn as compared to a normal cotton T-shirt which takes about 23,000 liters of water to process the same. The T-Shirt also saves up to 70% of carbon emission in comparison to a regular cotton t-shirt.
Highlights of Mi Eco Active T-Shirt
- Soft, skin-friendly, and odour free.
- The recyclable polyester material of the T-Shirt also acts as a quick moisture absorbent,
- Making sure that your T-Shirt is relatively dry even during your intense workout sessions.
- Made with 100% Polyester threads, Mi Eco-Active T-Shirts ensure premium quality with an advantage of recycling it even further
- It comes with tags embedded with basil seeds which can be sown and come in a canister packaging which can be used as a pot for sowing those tag seeds.
The Xiaomi Mi Eco Active T-Shirt comes in White colour from Small to XXL sizes, is available for order through Mi.com at a special crowdfunding price of Rs. 999 (Rs. 1299 is the original price) and will ship from 21st September.
Commenting on the launch, Raghu Reddy, Chief Business Officer, Mi India mentioned, At Mi India, we are cognizant of our responsibility towards the environment and realize the need for an eco-friendly lifestyle. We have actively worked towards creating merchandise that not only offers optimal breathability but is ingeniously designed to reduce waste by using discarded PET bottles to manufacture the T-Shirts that can be further recycled too. In this era of mindful manufacturing, we hope to contribute as much as we can and nurture the environment that has given us plenty.