Krishna Janmashtami 2016: Is a Hindu festival, they celebrate Janmashtami by fasting, worshipping lord Krishna, staying up until midnight, and offering prayers at the special time when Krishna is believed to have been born. Images of Krishna’s infancy are placed in swings and cradles in temples and homes. At midnight, devotees meet together for devotional songs, dance and exchange gifts. Some temples also conduct readings of the Hindu religious scripture Bhagavad Gita. Check out Krishna Janmashtami 2016 Celebrations .
Sri Krishna Janmashtami 2016 Muhurat, Mantras, PujaVidhi, Fasting and Auspicious timings, Lord Krishna Birthday:
- This is the 5243rd Birth Anniversary of Lord Krishna Nishita Puja Time = 24:17+ to 25:03+ (0 Hours 46 Mins); Mid Night Moment = 24:40+.
- On 26th, Parana Time = After 10:52; On Parana Day Ashtami got over before Sunrise; On Parana Day Rohini Nakshatra End Time = 10:52.
- Dahi Handi on 26th August 2016, Ashtami Tithi begins from = 22:17 on 24th August 2016; Ashtami Tithi ends at = 20:07 on 25th August 2016.
Check out Janmashtami Puja Items Required:
- New clothes for Lord Krishna
- Bansuri (flute), ornaments for Lord
- Shankha – conch shell
- Elaichi – Cardamom
- Supari – betel nut
- Pooja thali which consists pooja ingredients
- Ghana – bell
- Sindoor – Vermillion paste
- Agarbatti – incense sticks
- Diya – earthen pot
- Chawal – rice
- Paan Patta – betel leaves
- Mauli thread
- Gangajal – sacred water.
Mythological stories – Lord Sri Krishna was born in a prison in the custody of King Kansa. Lord Krishna’s father Vasudev, immediately thought of his friend Nand and handed over his child to his friend and saved his child’s life. Then Krishna further grew up in Gokul and soon killed his uncle Kansa.
Krishna Janmashtami 2016 is the festival followed by the festival Nandotsav, which is the occasion when Nanda Baba distributed gifts to the community in honor of the birth. There is a special event which takes place on Krishnashtami 2016 at Mathura, Vrindavan and features dramatic enactments of the life of Lord Krishna. The Rasa Lila shows the other flirtatious side of Lord Krishna during his young days. Devotees celebrate Dahi Handi festival which celebrates God’s playful side wherein he used to break the pot of curd which was kept at the height.
Hindu People who fast on the day are supposed to have only one single time meal and they are even supposed to take a Sankalpa which must be taken after finishing the entire morning rituals. Devotees have to observe one day long fast. This fast further breaks the next day after Rohini Nakshatra and Ashtami Tithi gets over that is after sunrise.