Krishna Janmashtami 2016: Is a Hindu festival, they celebrate Janmashtami by fasting, worshipping Lord Krishna, staying up until midnight, and offering prayers at the special time when Lord Sri Krishna is believed to have been born. Images of Krishna’s infancy are placed in swings and cradles in temples and homes. At midnight, devotees meet together for devotional songs, dance and exchange gifts. Some temples also conduct readings of the Hindu religious scripture Bhagavad Gita. Check out Krishna Janmashtami 2016 Celebrations
Krishna Janmashtami 2016 Puja Vidhi Auspicious Timings
- This is the 5243rd Birth Anniversary of Lord Krishna Nishita Puja Time = 24:17+ to 25:03+ (0 Hours 46 Mins); Mid Night Moment = 24:40+.
- On 26th, Parana Time = After 10:52; On Parana Day Ashtami got over before Sunrise; On Parana Day Rohini Nakshatra End Time = 10:52.
- Dahi Handi on 26th August 2016, Ashtami Tithi begins from = 22:17 on 24th August 2016; Ashtami Tithi ends at = 20:07 on 25th August 2016.
Check out Janmashtami Puja Items Required:
- New clothes for Lord Krishna
- Bansuri (flute), ornaments for Lord
- Shankha – conch shell
- Elaichi – Cardamom
- Supari – betel nut
- Pooja thali which consists of pooja ingredients
- Ghana – bell
- Sindoor – Vermillion paste
- Agarbatti – incense sticks
- Diya – earthen pot
- Chawal – rice
- Paan Patta – betel leaves
- Mauli thread
- Gangajal – sacred water.