Microsoft Bing has released a new IndexNow WordPress Plugin that makes it easy to integrate your WordPress blog and site with the IndexNow protocol and is available in the WordPress plugin directory. IndexNow plugin for WordPress allows the automated submission of URLs from WordPress websites to multiple search engines. This is done without having to register or verify your site.
Once IndexNow Plugin is installed, It automatically generates and hosts the API key for your site. It automatically submits URLs to search engines in the background when it detects page changes, deletions, or creations in WordPress. This ensures search engines have the most recent information about your site.
What is IndexNow plugin for WordPress?
IndexNow allows website owners to immediately notify search engines of any changes made to their website’s content. IndexNow allows website owners to instantly notify search engines about any changes made to their URLs and content. This allows search engines to quickly reflect these changes in their search results.
Some other handy features included in the IndexNow WordPress plugin:
- Toggle the automatic submission feature.
- Manually submit a URL to IndexNow.
- View a list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
- Status on recent successful and failed submissions.
How do I add IndexNow Plugin to WordPress?
- Log in to the WordPress admin panel for your WordPress site. Click on “Plugins > Add New”.
- Search for “IndexNow Plugin“ and install it.
- Once installed, click on “Activate” to enable the plugin.
- Go to the IndexNow admin page and click “Let’s Get Started“
Instant indexing is an SEO’s dream when it comes to giving search engines the most updated content on a site. Now, if you have WordPress, you can follow the steps above to easily activate IndexNow WordPress Plugin.
Which search engines use IndexNow Plugin?
IndexNow plugin plays a significant role in the indexing processes of several prominent search engines. Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and Yandex all utilize IndexNow to enhance their ability to crawl and index web pages efficiently. By leveraging IndexNow’s advanced capabilities, these search engines ensure that their search results are comprehensive and up-to-date, and provide users with the most relevant information available on the web. So, if you are a website owner or an SEO professional looking to improve your website’s visibility on search engines, it is essential to understand the significance of IndexNow and its integration with these leading search engines.