The ICICI Bank on Tuesday launched ‘Eazypay’, an app for merchants, retailers, and professionals to accept payments on mobiles from multiple digital modes. The Easy pay, based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) of the National Payment Corporation, allows a person to make payments through credit/debit cards and online banking and also through the ‘Pockets’, which is the digital wallet of ICICI Bank, the bank said in a statement.
Any current account holder of ICICI Bank can instantly download the Easy pay app and start using it, it said, adding the facility can also be used by Non- ICICI Bank customers. The app is available on smartphones with Android operating systems now and will shortly be available on the iOS operating system as well. Commenting on the app, chief executive, and managing director Chanda Kochhar described Easy pay as another initiative from the bank to fulfill the vision of digital India.
The ICICI Easy pay comes with best-in-class security features. It allows only one registration for a unique mobile number and requires mandatory authentication with MPIN for every login, among others.
The other unique features of ‘Eazypay’ App are:
- For both over-the-counter payments and home deliveries: Easy pay is suitable for retail stores where the buyer pays at the counter. It can also be used to collect payment from the buyer during home deliveries, telesales, and payment-on-delivery instances where the seller and buyer may not be physically present in the same location
- Set collection date options: For accepting payments through UPI, the seller can choose to collect payment immediately or set up a later date up to 45 days
- Easy reconciliation: Merchants get immediate payment confirmation in the ‘transaction history’ on the application as well as through SMS. The buyer also gets payment confirmation through SMS immediately for all the bills. The merchants get immediate credit to their current account for payments made using UPI and Pockets
- Enables multiple employees to collect payment: The unique ‘sub-merchant creation’ feature allows up to 30 employees to collect payment on behalf of the merchant on their smartphone. It offers a convenient option for collecting digital payments at retail stores with multiple billing counters or during home deliveries
- No daily/monthly limits for accepting payments
To know more about the ‘Eazypay’ mobile payment collection solution, please visit http://ow.ly/Oqvh307sPHy To apply for an ICICI Bank current account, one can send an SMS to 5676766.