Looking for a way How to Create iPhone Shortcuts to Automate certain tasks? The Shortcuts app n/a lets you automate tasks you do often with just a tap or by asking Siri. Create iPhone shortcuts to get directions to the next event in your Calendar, move text from one app to another, and more. Choose ready-made shortcuts from the Gallery or build your own using different apps to run multiple steps in a task.
How to Create iPhone Shortcuts:
To create shortcuts on iPhone, you must make sure that your iPhone is running on at least iOS 13. There is the dedicated Shortcuts app that Apple has provided by default. However, if you have uninstalled the app for some reason, you can download it from the App Store.
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Plus (+) button from the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now, hit Add Action to pick an action you want to perform.
- Your Apple iPhone will now show you the list of available apps and actions. It will also suggest some actions based on your iPhone usage.
- The app will show you the selected action on the New Shortcut screen. You can edit the action you’ve picked by tapping on any of the highlighted actions.
- Press the Plus (+) button to add another action. It is important to note that by default, your previous action will appear on the screen.
- You can, however, view all the available actions by tapping the close button.
- Once you’re done with the actions you want, you can test your workflow by pressing the Play button.
- Now, tap Next and enter a name for your custom shortcut.
- Press Done to save your shortcut.
The saved shortcut will appear on the My Shortcuts section of the Shortcuts app.