Happy Friendship Day 2020: Every year on the first Sunday of August, National Friendship Day is celebrated in India. This year Friendship Day will be celebrated on August 2, 2020. It celebrates the importance of platonic relationships and how it shapes us as people. Friendship Day is celebrated around the world where friends usually tie a friendship band on each other’s wrists and promise to be BFFs (Best Friends Forever).
Friendship Day was first proposed in Paraguay in 1958 as International Friendship Day and this year it was celebrated on July 30. The day is known to have first originated from Hallmark cards, by Joyce Hall, in 1930. The United Nations declared July 30 as the official International Friendship Day. In India, the day is marked on the first Sunday of August. In 1998, Nane Annan, wife of former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, declared the lovable Disney character Winnie the Pooh as the global Ambassador of Friendship at the UN.
Happy Friendship Day 2020 Messages:
- One of the very pleasant things about friendship is the ‘do you remember moments’.
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy and dividing our grief.
- On this Friendship Day keep in mind the power of your smile, it is the first step in making new friends.
- Friendship like ours doesn’t solve life challenges but because of our friendship, I know the challenges are not mine alone.
- Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which strengthens with the setting sun of life.
Friendship Day Quotes 2020:
- The only way to have a friend is to be one.
- A friend is what the heart needs all the time!
- Silence makes a real conversation between friends. Not the saying, but the never needing to say that counts.
- Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them… your smile, your hope, and your courage.
- If you never had a friend, you haven’t lived well! Happy to have a friend like you. Happy Friendship Day.
Happy Friendship Day 2020 Wishes
So if you are one of those who promise their friend that you will be there ready to cheer him or her up through the blues, listen to their joys and woes, Theprimetalks.com wishes all our readers Happy Friendship Day 2020!.