Google People Cards in India Introduced to let individuals Create their Public Profile for Search Engine, The new Google People Cards feature that has been in testing in the country for a couple of years brings a virtual visiting cards-like experience to Google Search, where users can highlight their existing websites or social media profiles to detail their identity to the public.
It uses Google’s Knowledge Graph to display information provided by the users. Notably, you need to give your mobile number and require a Google Account to create your people card on Google Search. However, that is not the case with less famous people and to change that Google has created the ability for people to individually create their online presence with their own virtual visiting card, called People Cards.
🆕 Introducing the people card on Google Search.
Showcase your business, passion or portfolio when people search for you on Google.
— Google India (@GoogleIndia) August 11, 2020
How to create your own People Cards on Google Search:
- To create your own people card, sign in to your Google Account, and search for “add me to Search”.
- You’ll now see a prompt saying, “Add yourself to Google Search.”
- Tap that prompt and then you’ll be asked to provide your phone number that will be verified through a six-digit unique code to begin the process and email.
- Now, Google will offer you a form to let you create your public profile by adding your location as well as a brief description of yourself and your occupation.
- You’ll also get options to add details about your work, education, hometown, websites, and social media profiles.
Only one card is allowed per account and Google has also added the ability to delete your personal card if you wish to do so. People Cards are highly useful for individuals like influencers, entrepreneurs, prospective employees, self-employed individuals, freelancers, etc. Google People Cards are rolling out now for mobile Search users in India.