Google 3D Animals View feature for google search introduced last year at the 2019 I/O event. As the name of the feature suggests it allows people to watch augmented reality (AR) animals right at home. To be engaged and entertained amid lockdown some are downloading entertainment apps like Houseparty, TikTok, while others are streaming movies and shows on various streaming services in India. These are a bunch of people who are trying out Google 3D Animals.
AR in Search is part of Google’s belief that the “easiest way to wrap your head around new information is to see it.” By being able to place 3D objects directly in front of users, they can get a “sense of scale and detail.” These new AR animals in Google Search can be accessed right from the corresponding Knowledge Panel, with cards providing a preview and prompt to “Meet a life-sized tiger up close.” The “View in 3D” button launches the experience.
How do you get Google 3D Animals View on Your SmartPhone?
- Open Google Search Bar and type the name of the animal you want to see.
- For example, Tiger.
- Click on Search & just below the pictures; you will see “Meet a life-sized tiger up close” text in a box.
- Click on the “View in 3D” option that too will also be mentioned in the box.
- Now, the Mobile phone will ask you to move your phone around the house with the object to put it wherever you like.
- Keep resizing the 3D tiger object with zooming in & zooming out.
Watch Google 3D Animals View Feature;
To view the animals in 3D a person needs to give the Google app some basic access such as ‘Access to use the camera and videos,’ ‘Access to location,’ and more. One can easily give access by clicking ‘Allow’ whenever the pop-up appears while using the Google View in 3D feature. The other way to use the feature is by doing it manually.
How to give Google access to Camera?
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your smartphone
- Click on ‘Apps & Notifications’
- Open the ‘Google’ app
- Click on ‘Permissions’
- Switch on all the permissions you wish to give the App to effectively use ‘Google View in 3D feature’
The Google AR animals list that you can watch in 3D via Google Search are Tiger, Alligator, Angler fish, Brown bear, Cat, Cheetah, Dog, Duck, Eagle, Emperor penguin, Giant panda, Goat, Hedgehog, Horse, Lion, Macaw, Octopus, Shark, Shetland pony, Snake, Tiger, Turtle, and Wolf. Google could be working on more AR animal options to bring in the future. Besides animals Google also allows you to watch planets like Mars, Earth, Pluto, among others.