GHMC Elections 2020: Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections will be held from 7 AM to 6 PM on December 1, the State Election Commission (SEC) announced on Tuesday. The Hyderabad Civic Polls will be conducted through a ballot box. The Hyderabad Civic Polls Results will be announced on December 4. The nomination of the candidates will be accepted from November 17. The nomination deadline is November 20, the SEC said.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has 74,04,286 voters, including 38,56,770 males, 35,46,847 female,s and 669 voters in the ‘Others’ category. The corporation has 150 wards, and polling will be held at 9,248 centers. The Election Commission had already announced the introduction of e-voting on a pilot basis for select voters in the wake of the coronavirus epidemic. In 150 polling stations, the Election Commission is also experimenting with facial recognition.
The last day of filing nominations for GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation) election is 20th Nov. Polling to be held on 1st Dec. Re-polling, if any, will be held on 3rd December. Counting will be done on 4th Dec: C Partha Sarathi, Telangana’s State Election Commissioner pic.twitter.com/ysQnlSxf1q
— ANI (@ANI) November 17, 2020
GHMC Elections 2020: Telangana SEC Releases Election Guidelines
- As part of the GHMC Elections 2020 guidelines, officials should ensure there is no distribution of liquor, cash, or kind during the election campaign to woo voters.
- The election-related expenditure will also include money spent on public meetings, posters, party rallies, banners which are permitted.
- Expenditure related to the form of paid news in the daily newspapers also comes under poll expenditure.
- SEC Parthasarathi, asking the officials to keep a watch on the advertisements given in the name of candidates by others.
- The SEC said that there will be expenditure observers along with the video surveillance teams in every circle. Accounting teams in all the circles will be deployed.
- There will be flying squads, static surveillance teams, and expenditure sensitive units in all the circles.
- There will also be audit officers and cooperative deputy registrars.
- The SEC asked the officials to verify the social media accounts of the candidates contesting in the elections.
- The Media Coordination Monitoring Committee (MCMC) would finalize the rates as per the newspaper tariff rates including posters, banners, electronic media, etc.
- The SEC advised candidates to submit details of expenditure at regular intervals.
Elections for Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) will be held on December 1 and the counting will take place on December 4.