Ghanta Awards 2016 Winners List: Ghanta Awards 2016 took place some hours ago yesterday that was on 16th May May 2016 in Mumbai and the Winners Name List Announced.Yes, this mega event of Ghanta Awards 2016 was over and took place in Mumbai where they honoured the Worst Film, Worst Actor, Worst Actress or I can say the Worst work happened in Bollywood Cinema in the past year 2015.
The Ghanta Awards is a live show shaped by online voting by the audience. The public can vote on 13 ‘worst of’ categories.The first Ghanta Awards ceremony was held in February 2011 at Tian Santorini to honour the worst in the film of the 2010 film season.
The ceremony was attended by a few of industry’s bests, which is a good sign. This shows that the otherwise stuck-up Bollywood is finally warming up to some harmless humour.The Ghanta Awards 2016 worst performers topping it are A-listers such as Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Karan Johar among others.
The Ghanta Awards is an award presented in recognition of the worst in the film in Bollywood.It is Founded by Prashant Rajkhowa and Karan Anshuman in 2010, the annual Ghanta Awards ceremony in Mumbai takes place about the same time as other major Bollywood awards. The term ghanta, which literally means bell, is used in its more irreverent forms. The awards themselves are a large golden bell that is typically used for idol worship.
Shah Rukh Khan has been declared the Worst Actor of 2016 for his performance in Rohit Shetty’s Dilwale. The Worst Actress award went to Sonam Kapoor for both Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Dolly Ki Doli.Sooraj Barjatya’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo won the Ghanta award for the Worst film, while Vikas Bahl’s Shaandaar was declared the worst film.Sooraj Pancholi was the Worst Debutant. Check out the full list of winners.
Complete Winners List of Ghanta Awards 2016 :
- Worst Actor – Shah Rukh Khan for ‘Dilwale’
- Worst Actress – Sonam Kapoor for ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’/’Dolly Ki Doli’
- Worst Film – ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- Worst Director – Vikas Bahl for ‘Shaandaar’
- Worst Song – ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’ (Title track)
- Worst Debut – Sooraj Pancholi for ‘Hero’
- Worst Supporting Actor – Neil Nitin Mukesh for ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’
- WTF Was That! – Manish Paul for ‘Ranbanka’
- Worst Couple – Bipasha one and Bipasha two in ‘Alone’
- Worst Miscasting – Karan Johar as gangster in ‘Bombay Velvet’
- Most Controversial Controversy – Kangana Ranaut calling Hrithik Roshan her “silly ex” and everything that followed.
- Worst Brand Endorsement – Priyanka Chopra for Bollywood in Hollywood/Silver Pearls (Rajnigandha)
- Shit Nobody Saw – ‘Welcome to Karachi’
- The Ghanta Tweet of the year – Abhishek Bachchan