Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2017 Online Application Form Filling Procedure @ gate.iitr.ernet.in
GATE 2017 Apply Online : The online application for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – GATE 2017 – will commence on Thursday, 1 September. The last date to online submit the form is 4 October. Conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, GATE 2017 is an online exam which will be held on 4 and 5 February 2017 and 11 and 12 February 2017.
GATE scores are used for admission to courses that include MTech, ME and direct PHD in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Science programs by various technical and scientific institutes in India. GATE 2017 score will be valid for the next three years, i.e., till 2020. The exam is also held for candidates in countries such as Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Arab Emirates (UAE). The candidates can check the same from the official website of GATE, http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in.
The Following are GATE Eligibility Criteria 2017 :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year. Bachelor’s degree of 4-years program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs o Five-year integrated M.Sc. or 5-years integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
The Application Fees for GATE 2017 Examination will also be submitted online and can be done through Net Banking, Debit/ Credit card or E-Challan :
GEN and OBC Male Candidates Rs. 1500/-
Female Candidates Rs. 750/-
SC/ ST/ PD Candidates Rs. 750/-
The Steps on How to Register for the GATE Exam :
- Candidates will be required to login to the official website http://appsgate.iitr.ac.in/.
- Candidates need to enter details like their name, address, educational qualifications.
- It is also important for candidates to have their e- mail addresses and contact number
- Candidates will be informed about their GATE 2017 enrollment ID.
- Candidates will need to remember the enrollment id and password which they receive on SMS or e-mail id
- All the details should be correctly entered. In case the details are not entered correctly, the candidates may face difficulty later.