Facebook Pay Payment Service: Facebook appears to be keen on entering into financial systems with products like Calibra wallet, Libra Network and now its latest venture is Facebook Pay. It intends on creating a uniform payment experience across its services like Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp and will launch in the US for Facebook and Messenger this week.
Facebook Pay Payment Service will first be available for fundraisers, in-game purchases, event tickets, person-to-person payments on Messenger and purchases from select Pages and businesses on Facebook Marketplace on Facebook and Messenger. Facebook has said that over time they will bring this service to WhatsApp and Instagram.
With Facebook Pay Payment Service you can:
- Add your preferred payment method once then use Facebook Pay were available to make payments and purchases on our apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
- Set up Facebook Pay app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available) — that means we won’t automatically set up Facebook Pay across the apps you are active on unless you choose to do so
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
- Clearly, understand which payment services are part of Facebook.
How Facebook Pay Works
You can start using Facebook Pay on Facebook or Messenger with just a few taps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Facebook Pay” on the Facebook app or website
- Add a payment method
- The next time you make a payment, use Facebook Pay
- Once Facebook Pay is available on WhatsApp and Instagram, you’ll be able to set it up directly within each app.