Dress Like Women: A Report that US President Donald Trump wants his female Staffers to“#Dresslikewomen” has brought the president widespread derision online.
Donald Trump Wants His Female Staffers to “Dress Like Women”
The US President Donald Trump is fixated on his Employees attire and the grooming habits — preferring that women “dress like women”, along with considerable scrutiny of men’s ties, a media report said.”If you’re going to be a public person for trump, whether it’s a lawyer or representing him in meetings, then you need to have a certain look. That look — at least for any male — you have to be sharply dressed,” the latest report by Axios media quoted an unidentified source who worked with the President Donald Trump as saying.
Here are some gems we picked up reporting this:
- “You should have a good physical demeanor, good stature, hair well groomed.”
- Female employees “need to look neat and orderly” even if they are wearing jeans, an anonymous Donald Trump campaign source said.
- Female campaign field office staffers felt obliged to don dresses, according to the report.
- Men, it appears, are not exempt. The President – who has been photographed on multiple occasions with Scotch tape adhered to the back of his tie – is reportedly a “necktie snob”, the report said.
- “You’re always supposed to wear a tie. If it’s not a Trump tie, you can get away with Brooks Brothers,” a source said.
At least one member of Team Donald Trump is spared from the stringent dress code, according to the report: frequently tie-less chief strategist Steve Bannon, the Axion media report said.The claims that President Donald Trump expected his female staff members to wear stereotypically feminine attire drew ire on Twitter. The Public responded with the hashtag #DressLikeAWoman.