The Bing URL Submissions Plugin for WordPress to allow website owners and webmasters to submit their URLs directly to Bing’s search engine index. This Bing URL Submissions plugin can be installed on a website, and once installed, it provides a quick and easy way for webmasters to submit their site’s URLs to Bing. Submitting your site’s URLs to Bing can help improve your site’s visibility in Bing’s search engine results pages (SERPs). When you submit your URLs to Bing, it helps Bing’s web crawlers find and index your site’s pages faster and more accurately.
Bing said the Bing URL Submissions Plugin for WordPress enables the automated submission of URLs from WordPress websites to the Bing index. Once the Plugin is installed and configured with an API key obtained from the Bing Webmaster Tools, the Bing URL Submissions Plugin detects page creation/update in WordPress and automatically submits the URL behind the scenes ensuring that the website pages are always fresh in the Bing index.
How to set up Bing URL Submissions Plugin for WordPress:
- Install the plugin for logging in to the WordPress admin panel for your WordPress site. Then click on “Plugins > Add New”. Search for “Bing URL Submissions Plugin” and click on install.
- Once installed, click on “Activate” to enable the plugin.
- You will need an API key, to get the API Key open the Bing URL Submission plugin settings page by clicking on the “Settings” link for the plugin.
- You should now be greeted with a prompt to enter the API key.
- Enter your Bing Webmaster API key into the prompt on the plugin page.
- Ensure that your WordPress site is verified with Bing Webmaster.
Once you’ve installed the Bing URL Submissions plugin, you can use it to submit your site’s URLs to Bing by simply entering your site’s URL into the plugin’s submission form. The plugin will then automatically submit your URL to Bing’s search engine index, and you should start seeing your site’s pages show up in Bing’s search results shortly thereafter.
Bing URL Submissions Plugin WordPress also Supports:
- The ability to toggle the automatic submission URL feature on and off.
- Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
- View a list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
It’s important to note that submitting your URLs to Bing won’t guarantee that your site will rank higher in Bing’s search results. However, it can help Bing’s web crawlers find and index your site’s pages faster and more accurately, which can help improve your site’s visibility in Bing’s search results over time.
Overall, this is a Good WordPress Plugin to have when needed for submitting URLs manually for Bing search indexation. it’s happy to see that Bing is catching up with Google in terms of offering more tools, and resources for webmasters to improve website visibility in Bing Search.