Ayodhya is all set for the historic groundbreaking of the ceremony of Ram Mandir scheduled to take place on August 5, when PM Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone. A silver brick marking the Bhoomi Puja of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya has to be placed between 8 am and 12 noon in August.
The date set by N R Vijayendra Sharma of Belagavi, Karnataka is also apt for Vaastu Muhurta and ideal for Bhumi Puja. The Trust has fixed August 5 for bhumi pujan of the Ram temple in Ayodhya. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of the temple at 12.15 pm at Ram Janmabhoomi.
Ayodhya Ram Mandir Construction cost, Design, Height, Area, Completion Time
- Ram Temple in Ayodhya will be 161 feet tall.
- The original design prepared in 1988 mentioned the height as 141 feet
- Earlier design was prepared in 1988 and over 30 years have passed since
- Height of the Temple has been increased from 141 feet to 161 feet
- Two mandaps have been added
- All pillars, stones that were carved based on the earlier design will still be used
- Temple will have five doomed mandaps and one Shikhar
- The number of pillars increased from 212 to 360
- The total number of floors will be 3
- The width of the stairs will be 16 feet
- Nagar style Temple has been designed by keeping in mind Shilpa Shastra specs
- 4 smaller Temples will surround the main structure
- 2 lakh brick with Shri Ram inscribed to form the foundation of the Temple
- Stones from Banshi mountains in Rajasthan will be used
- Construction will take 3.5 years
- the Estimated cost of construction is Rs 300 crore.