Amazon Smart Plug with Alexa Support Launched in India and it can make everyday appliances or household electronic items “smarter”. The Amazon Smart Plug acts as a buffer between the power socket and the appliance and allows you to use the Alexa app or Alexa-enable smart speaker to switch on or off the appliance. Amazon Smart Plug India, according to Amazon, is easy to set up. It has a 3-pin socket design and 6A power rating.
Amazon Smart Plug price in India at Rs. 1,999 and is listed on Amazon in a single white color option. It is currently up for sale and can be paired with an Echo Dot for Rs. 4,498 or an Echo Dot with Clock at Rs. 5,498. The Amazon smart plug price at Rs. 1999 and is available at Amazon and in offline retail stores such as Croma and Reliance Digital.
Amazon Smart Plug Specifications, Features
The Amazon Smart Plug is rated for 220V to 240V, 50/60Hz, at maximum 6A for input and output. It uses 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and does not work with the 5GHz band. It has a 3-pin design and is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices through the Alexa app. The smart plug can be operated using a compatible Echo, Fire TV, or any Alexa device. There is an on/ off button on the left side and an LED indicator on the front.
The smart plug essentially gives you the ability to say things like “Alexa, turn on the TV” if your TV is connected to the Amazon Smart Plug. The Amazon Smart Plug can be used to turn on or off the mobile charger, lamp, kettle, and other appliances as well, however, it should not be used for heavy appliances such as AC, geyser, or water heater. In terms of dimensions, the Amazon Smart Plug is 46×71.3x37mm and weighs 104 grams.
How to set up your Amazon Smart Plug:
- The smart plug can be set up in three simple steps, according to Amazon’s website.
- Plugin the smart plug and open the Alexa app on any of your smart devices.
- If the Alexa app says a new plug has been found, go to the next step.
- Else, tap on the devices icon on the lower right corner of the app, and click on the + icon to get started.
- In order to use the plug using Alexa, say “Alexa, turn on First Plug”.
- With these three steps, you would be all set to make all the appliances at your home smarter!.